The new version of Infor Q&A – the Evolve release – is not only an excellent ad-hoc query and analysis tool, but it has been extended to deliver enhanced business intelligence capability. One of the main reasons for a new Q&A release was to achieve compatibility with 64-bit Microsoft Office applications. The product is also delivered as fully Unicode compliant, enabling support for multiple languages from a single instance. One important feature for all customers is the migration utility for conversion of existing Infor Q&A Excel reports into Infor BI Q&A reports. Both releases, Infor Q&A 10 and Evolve, can be installed concurrently for a limited period (12 months) to allow migration between the products.
Additional business intelligence functionality is mostly covered by integration into Infor BI and Infor Motion Dashboards
- Full integration of Infor BI Q&A components into the Infor BI product line with new hierarchy support, cloud support, and enhanced DataLink administration.
- Enhanced self-service capability with a set of wizards for user-friendly creation and editing of personalised dashboards and analysis layouts.
- More cost-efficient BI architecture to integrate relational and OLAP data with Application Studio content in a browser or the mobile application.
- Extended mobile support with a new offline mode for iOS and Android devices as well as Infor BI Heartbeat – an application for use with the Apple Watch wrist-wearable device.
- The ability to handle attribute hierarchies generated automatically based on the distinct set of attributes of a dimension, and support of alternate hierarchies to show reports with different versions of forecast or chart of accounts (local vs. IFRS).
The latest version is available for all Infor Q&A customers with a valid maintenance contract.